Saturday, April 29, 2006

Maine Scenes, No. 7, Baxter, Welcome Signs

This weeks assignment for Tuesdays Photos was on the theme of signs. I chose to present two photos of signs in Maine below.


The above welcome sign is found on the road to Baxter State Park and Mt. Katahdin. It is a great place to park the car and take in the beauty of the area.


This second photo amuses me by virtue of its message. By the way, in the years that I have hiked across that bridge, the sign did not cause me to take any greater caution than I do naturally. :) One must cross this bridge to get to the peat moss beach that I mentioned in an earlier Maine Scenes post. I do though remember one year that a just a little ways before this bridge some Canadian Geese with young goslings seriously tried to chase me away.

7 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

So glad you're entering the PT challenge, Tim. Great signs :)

Anonymous said...

...I would never cross that bridge. Signs such as those, are obvious indications that they are NOT safe, heehee.

Great photos.
a.

sage said...

your photos of Baxter always bring back memories!

Fred said...

Great signs, Tim. I think I may "borrow" this for one of my potpourri posts.

Have a great week.

Tim Rice said...

Thanks, ginnie. Took me awhile to come up with this one. I was first looking for signs that would be of artistic interest around here and just wasn't finding any. That isn't to say that there aren't any.

Hi, andrea. I imagine the sign was put up at least in part because it doesn't have a railing on one sign. Glad you enjoyed the photos.

Hi, sage. I hope they are good memories. :)

Thanks, fred. You're more than welcome to use them in one of your potpourri post. Just link back to me (which I'm sure you would do anyway). :)

Trailady said...

I have NEVER been to Maine. It's one of 3 states I've never seen. Alaska & Hawaii are also mysteries to me. I do hope to see all 3 before the end of my days. :o)

Tim Rice said...

Hi, trailady. If you ever get to Maine and you should, you must visit Acadia National Park and Baxter State Park -- at least as long as you enjoy hiking.