Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Maine Scenes, No. 5, Schoodic Point

The shoreline pictures below are from Schoodic Point in Maine. Schoodic Point is actually a part of Acadia National Park but separated from it by Frenchman Bay. One can often find some solace there; it is not frequented as much the other main land parts of Acadia National Park.


Sun lit rock softly glowing
Caressed by the evening tide
Hearth for the broken hearted
Overtures for the lonely
Oozing through the soul
Diving for the pearl
Inside and beyond the mind
Creating a path through the crevasse

8 comments:

Minka said...

Hmmm...it seems windy and cold to me. Probably because the shores of Iceland look like this and it is always freezing cold, yet still beautiful.

Tim Rice said...

monika, I'd say you'd be right if it were any other time than summer on coastal Maine. But summer in Maine when this picture was taken can be satisfyingly warm. But sometimes my heart can be warmed over even if I am out in starkly cold and windy weather. It is a matter of the spirit. Warmth is a state of mind.

Anonymous said...

I say... with arms outstretched... "I want to be a part."

Ginnie Hart said...

You did it again, Tim--photos and poetry to sooth the soul! Thanks.

Trailady said...

How very poetic. I always enjoy the pictures on your blog. :o)

Tim Rice said...

Thanks, shelleigh. You are welcomed.

Thanks, ginnie. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love playing with pictures and words.

Hi, trailady. Thanks for coming by. I'm glad it brings you enjoyment.

SuperP. said...

"Overtures for the lonely."

Just stopped by.. loved your poem!

Tim Rice said...

Thanks, penny. Glad you enjoyed the poem. Thanks for coming by.