The covered bridge in the pictures below was built in 1832 of pine and oak. It originally crossed over Pleasant Spring Creek which feeds into the East Branch of the Perkiomen Creek in South Perkasie, Pennsylvania. But after the bridge was condemned for traffic, it was moved in 1958 to its current location in Lenape Park for preservation. It is commonly referred to as the South Perkasie Covered Bridge.
In the above picture, the sign at the top of the picture reads, "$5 fine for any person riding or driving over this bridge faster than a walk or smoking segars [cigars] on."
The above picture and the next two were taken from inside the covered bridge and shows some of the construction of the bridge.
In this picture note how the bridge is being held together by wooden pegs.
As usual, this sort of structure does attract grafitti such as above. Note both the carved text and drawing.
Nuggets of the Past
5 hours ago