Monday, July 03, 2006

A Joyful Gathering

My brother from Michigan was in for the past week helping with my church's Summer Bible School. So on Saturday afternoon, evening, and into the night many of his family and friends decided to get together for a barbeque and a time of fun and fellowship. Below are a few pictures that only tell a part of the story. I may share more in a later post.


In the above picture, my brother from Michigan is to the right and his twin brother is at the grill. In the picture below is our table of plenty including among other things grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, chips, and condiments in the front. Further back was a multi-layered jello salad, baked beans, a platter of fresh fruits, and more. And that didn't even include the many desserts that came later.



These two pictures were taken during a prayer of thanksgiving and blessing for the food and fellowship.



Later in the evening some of us took a tour of the herb garden and others got into a soaking summertime water fight.

6 comments:

mreddie said...

These are the types of get-togethers that are really enjoyable - even the soakings. :) ec

Cergie said...

Having twin babies is godsend. But it's difficult too. I'ld like have had Pierre and another baby so I'ld have 4 children now ! But it's not only joy but also complication(s)...
Belonging to a large family is benediction.

Tim Rice said...

Thanks, mreddie. You are so right. I have enjoyed looking at your blog, too.

Hi, cergie. My mom was glad that they were twins. They came seven years after the previous child. This way she said she knew they would have someone to play with on the farm. And, yes, I do count my large extended family a blessing to my life.

Ava said...

Looks like lots of good fun and lots of good fun. Water fights rule!!!!!

Coral said...

me guíe por las pictures y bueno veo una gran armonía así muy familiar... linda familia...

Saludos muchos y abrazos

Tim Rice said...

Hi, ava. It was lots of fun and then some more. So you would have entered right into the water fight if you had been there? :)

Gracias, coral. Mi familia y mis amigos son maravillosos. Queremos el uno al otro. Abrazos.