Sunday, March 30, 2008

Creek Hike, part 1

This past Tuesday evening, I took a couple hour hike along a portion of the East Branch of the Perkiomen Creek that divides Franconia Township from Salford Township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. This section of the creek is bridged over by Allentown Road and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It was a partially cloudy evening.


This is a view of a portion of the creek taken from the Allentown Road bridge.



An early spring flower



A rock jutting over the creek bank



Brilliant, green moss on the rocks



Moss brightly illuminated by the evening sun



I loved the bark patterns on this log.



Trees against the sky



Leaf buds just appearing

6 comments:

Murf said...

Thanks for putting the song 'Allentown' by Billy Joel in my head, Tim. :-)

sage said...

Great shots, Tim. Spring is slowly coming

Charley said...

Beautiful photos Tim! The rock formations are amazing. I can imagine being there in a storm, clinging to them and finding safety. Wow!

Ginnie Hart said...

I especially love that first image, Tim. It's a postcard!

Cergie said...

These ones at contrary, say "Peace".
I wonder if the leaf buds are rather flower buds. They seem so swollen !
(I like this close-up)

Tim Rice said...

Thanks, murf. I liked some of Billy Joel's songs.

Thanks, sage. It does seem slow in coming at times though, doesn't it?

Thanks, paul simko. That's a terrifically good word picture you gave.

Thanks, ginnie. It could make a postcard, couldn't it?

Thanks, cergie. This was earlier in the evening before it got dark. It was peaceful.